When a loved one passes away in Florida one of the first things you will do is look into arranging an affordable cremation in your area of Florida. But this can be a daunting task, you don’t know what an average price of cremation in Florida is and you aren’t sure which cremation service facility you should choose. At Going Home Cremation, we wanted to write a how to guide on how to find an affordable cremation service near you.
The first thing you need to decide is if you are going to want a viewing or not with the cremation you are arranging. A viewing can add thousands of dollars onto your price and make the affordable cremation much less affordable. If you choose to arrange a cremation without a service, then you are looking at a direct cremation. A direct cremation is a cremation where there is no viewing of the body and the body goes direct to the Florida crematory. The average price for a cremation with a viewing in Florida is close to $3500, whereas a Florida direct cremation the price can range from $1200- $2000. There is a significant difference between the two prices, saving you a lot of money. If you do choose a Florida direct cremation, the first thing you need to do is look up local direct cremation facilities near you. For example, if you live in Sarasota you would look up “affordable direct cremation services in Sarasota” or “affordable direct cremation near me.”
Once you have performed your initial search of affordable cremation facilities in your local Florida area, you should pick two to three to call. However, we have some tips on figuring out which Florida cremation service facilities near you that you should call.
- Look up their Google reviews. We advise to make sure any facility you choose or even call, should have close to all 5-star Google reviews.
- Look for their General Price list on their website. Their general price list will show you the range of prices you could pay in arranging a cremation service near you. There are additional fees like the Medical Examiner fees, and death certificate fees that you need to be aware of.
- Get a feel for their website. As the world is evolving, it is important that business’ keep up. You want to pick a Florida cremation facility that has an updated website that is easy to navigate. If you think you want to have an obituary for your loved one, check that their website has an obituary option. Also, if you plan on celebrating the life of your loved one of social media, make sure they have a Facebook presence where you can share your loved one’s obituary.
Now that you have your list of facilities to speak to about arranging a cremation service near you, we suggest asking some specific questions to each facility.
- Ask them for the total price of their affordable direct cremation and what it includes. For example, is an urn included in their price? Or is an obituary? At Going Home Cremations, we include both an urn and an obituary at no additional cost. Make sure to ask the facility to itemize every fee and for them to let you know exactly what each fee entails.
- Ask them how long it will take for them to pick up your loved one and how long their average cremation takes. Some facilities take much longer than others.
- Get a feel for who you are speaking to when arranging an affordable cremation near you. Do they seem emphatic or do they seem like they want to get off the phone? Make sure to pick a facility that emphasizes with you and that you can tell they’d go above a beyond for you if needed.
The final step is choosing the cremation service facility that is near you is finding a facility that is a combination of an affordable cremation price and great customer service. At Going Home Cremation, we pride ourselves on providing affordable cremation services where we lead with our emphatic service.