At Going Home Cremation we have spent many years helping families through this very difficult situation. After many years of speaking with families we find these to be our most common questions:
- WHAT IS THE PRICE OF CREMATION?
- Once you have made your decision that cremation is what you want to do you should be able to have a cremation for your love one between $1200-$1600. At Going Home Cremation we start at $795 for the cremation which includes: Picking up your love one, the casket to be cremated in, the urn and a beautiful life tribute obituary. We also charge $395 to acquire all of the necessary paperwork to fulfill a death certificate, and acquire a permit for the medical examiners. Paperwork consumes 4 to 8 hours for any cremation service. A lot of families do not think that their loved one needs to pay for a medical examiner fee but all United States counties require that the medical examiner reviews the death certificate that the doctor has filed. They review the death certificate to make sure that they do not want to investigate the cause of death. For example, the medical examiner in Sarasota approves a cremation and the county that you were in has different fees for that. If the medical examiner thinks that there was a suspicious death, they will not approve the cremation and they will require us to return the body to them so they can do an autopsy and/or an investigation. There will be additional fees to acquire death certificates. Going Home Cremation charges $18 per death certificate. The family is also allowed to go to the health department to buy the death certificates direct. If you go in yourself, you can usually do everything for about $10 each Death certificate
- HOW LONG WILL THE CREMATION PROCESS TAKE?
- Cremation services usually take approximately two weeks to complete. Between taking your love one into our care, acquiring all the necessary paperwork from the family, filing for the death certificates, having the doctor sign it, getting the death certificate to the medical examiner for approval, and then finally the cremation process itself, will take about two weeks before the ashes are ready for pick up.
3. DO I HAVE TO BUY AN URN?
- We provide a free basic black polystyrene urn. If you would like to purchase a different urn, Going Home Cremation will give you $100 credit toward the purchase of any full size cremation urn on our website. The average price of an urn is between $280-$500. We have many urns available at Going home cremation for $200. So, if you get $100 credit the urn is actually only costing you $100.
- WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THE ASHESYou have many choices when it comes to what you can do with the ashes. Many families choose to scatter the ashes in the Gulf of Mexico. At Going Home Cremation we have an option to scatter in the Gulf of Mexico for $295. This cremation is an unattended service. Another option for a family is to charter a boat for 3 to 4 hours. You will go out 3 miles with the captain to scatter the ashes and then come back. Another option is to inurn the ashes in a cemetery. Or you can scatter the ashes in your favorite park or vacation spot. Make sure you check with local permit requirements before doing that.
At Going Home Cremation Services, we understand that families have a lot of questions. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions regarding the cremation process and what to do for your loved one. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU